Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Autumn in Amsterdam

Every morning for the past month I have biked through Vondelpark on my way to work and watched as the leaves on the trees slowly turned yellow and orange and fell to the ground. I have only ever experienced a real autumn once before (when I lived in Canada all the way back in 2005) and although I often like to complain that my fingers freeze as I ride my bike, I actually really love experiencing this season.



Vondelpark in November

Autumn for me is synonymous with cosiness, warm candle lit homes, dinner parties in with friends and warm cafe's with rain drops on the windows and Amsterdam is the perfect setting for all these things. So so gezellig...

6 comments:

Anita said...

Good, 'cause there has to be something to compensante all the coldness...

Amanda Blog and Kiss said...

haha what a contradiction from your last post! :) Glad you're enjoying it (again)!

Angela said...

haha I know, my blog is totally bipolar!

Unknown said...

Beautiful photo! Seems to me sometimes on the cloudier days that the leaves still bring a little sunshine. Have a great weekend & groetjes :-)

Invader_Stu said...

I believe bipolar blog is a well known medical condition.

I was up in the north countryside of Holland a few weekends ago and the autumn colors looked great there as well.

Patrick said...

I used to hate winters here because they are so dark, but indeed it's a very cozy season. It's also really nice to watch the seasons change, even if it does often come with a lot of windy and wet weather.

It's really nice when it snows here, and gets icy, usually in January or February only for a week or two.

It was nice to see you guys again. I hope you have a nice holiday season.